IMPORTANT: These steps are for Samsung devices running Android OS 7.0 (Nougat) ONLY.
If the Globe icon is missing from the keyboard on your Samsung device running Android OS 7.0 (Nougat):
- Your device may need the Google keyboard to be updated or installed
- You will need to turn OFF Samsung keyboard
If you still don't see the Globe icon, touch and hold the "space bar" while in text mode. Tap "All Languages, Emoji Blitz Keyboard" to select.
To deactivate the Samsung keyboard:
- Open "Settings" on your Samsung device running Android OS 7.0; tap "Language and Input" under the "Personal" section
- Tap "Virtual keyboard" under the "Keyboards" section
- Tap "Manage keyboards", then tap the switch next to Samsung keyboard to deactivate
- Launch any app with a text field (messaging, email, search, etc.); you should now be able to see and tap the Globe icon to access the Emoji Blitz Keyboard and others
To update or install the Google Keyboard (Gboard):
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device and search for Google Keyboard
- Tap the "Update" button if available, or the "Install" button if it is not yet on your device
- Open "Settings" on your Android device and go to the "Language and Input" section
- Tap "Virtual Keyboard", and then tap the switch next to "Gboard" to activate